By Coy McCoy– Friend to All and Learning About Living
A meal is always expected when hosting an event and a wedding is no exception. When my husband and I got engaged, I started planning the dinner right away! The food was important to me and I knew it would be important to our guests. As our wedding planning progressed I started to worry about my dress. I planned to wear my dress for the reception and through the dinner, but I was worried about getting food on my dress. I explained to my mom why I was worried, and she suggested looking at bridal bibs. She explained that bridal bibs are bibs that are pretty and match the wedding dress.
I found a website (www.bib4brides.com) that sold bridal bibs and they designed a bib that matched my dress perfectly. When I tried it on, it didn’t change the look of my dress at all! I was so excited that I didn’t have to worry about my dress anymore.
My bridal bib worked great at my reception! I spilled something and almost freaked out, but the bib caught it!
Now when my friends get engaged I tell them to go buy a bridal bib as soon as they have their dress! It is honestly the cherry on top of the cake!
We are so happy that our bridal bibs saved this Bride a lot of stress and anguish.
Your wedding day will be full of memorable moments. Most of those moments will become wonderful, treasured memories you will hold in your heart forever. Unfortunately, there will also be a few moments that cause panic. Prepare for these potential disasters by creating an emergency wedding dress care package before the wedding day arrives.
Here are a few basics you should include in your survival guide for emergency wedding dress care.
1. Needle and thread: Buy some thread that matches your wedding dress and the bridesmaid dresses. Thread, along with a needle and some small scissors can help mend small emergency wedding dress care problems like loose eye hooks or falling hems.
2. Two-sided tape: This versatile tool can fix many emergency wedding dress care problems including errant bra straps, reapplying a loose applique or helping a dress bodice stay in place. You can also use tape to expertly lift off dust, make up or other powdery stains from a dress (like pollen from those star gazer lilies in the bouquet!).
3. White dental floss: This multi-use tool serves several purpose. First, it keeps your smile free of seeds, cake, parsley — whatever — for photos. Secondly, white floss can double as thread or string for emergency wedding dress care needs like fixing a strap ASAP.
4. Fabric bandages: Because, well, you just never know. Blisters from your high heels, covering a mole or wart, the accidental cut or scrape, or even fixing a fallen hem, the fabric bandage can do it all in a pinch.
5. Baby Powder: A little baby powder can hide a stain for a while without harming your dress.
6. Bridal bibs are the perfect solution to protect your wedding gown. Don’t let your emergency wedding dress care disasters ruin your wedding. Be prepared with a survival kit and those little problems will become the story you tell with your girlfriends for years to come.
Enjoy peace of mind by wearing a beautiful custom-made bridal bib from bib4Brides.com
There are some really creative products and decorations out there that will make your garden wedding or party really unique! Always look for decorations that tie in with the natural surroundings around you. At Rancho Vista, you have a combination … Continue reading →
When I was married one of my greatest treasures from my wedding day is my guestbook. My sister in law came to me and asked if she could create a scrapbook
of sorts with pictures of my husband and I from birth to our present day engaged stat. The book was probably 12x12 inches, and each page had a few pictures of my hubby and I as children, but the majority of the page was left blank.
I love what I do!! Namely because I get to meet so many AMAZING people! People with amazing stories, and giving hearts, and awesome bubbly personalities! All of which totally describes Kortni Gheri and her sister Kelly.
I first heard of Kortni and her story through a good friend of mine from New Decree. Julia Jones, the owner of the non profit organization, has put together a program where she donates "
At Rancho Vista, you enjoy a gorgeous evening under the stars. These days, every couple wants to entertain their guests with a a beautiful atmosphere like this, but unique entertainment is really the icing on the cake! As you wrap … Continue reading →
Feature Venue: Rancho Vista… http://www.ranchovistasonora.com Every venue has its prize winning features. You should work with your photographer to use those features as focal points for your key pictures during engagement sessions and your wedding or party. At Rancho Vista, … Continue reading →
The air is warm outside... the days are longer.. can you feel that summer calling you?! I can hear the kids laughter, playing at the parks, by the pool.. and mom, reaching for her sweet Ice tea out of her Poppy and Pearl Co. Mason Jar Tumbler. I have seen mason and canning jars used as glasses before, but not like this!
General Information: 5 Different Venues both Indoor and Outdoor Ceremony/Reception sites – up to 450 people seated Accommodations for Overnight guests – Log Cabins, Tent Cabins, Chalets, Lodging Availability – Year-Round The crown jewel of the Cal Alumni Association, the … Continue reading →